Friday, January 7, 2011

Book Ramble: Twenties Girl

I bought Twenties Girl sometime during June of last year but never got around to reading it. Actually, I began to read it but it just was not interesting enough to keep me going. Well, I picked it up again this morning and decided that since I paid a good $15 on it and it is by Sophie Kinsella, who is one of my favorite authors, I was going to finish it. I’ve finished the book and I should have never doubted Sophie Kinsella because this book did not fail! I absolutely loved it! It was a little slow in the beginning couple chapters and was not keeping my interest; but a few chapters in and I was not able to put the book down. Now I’ve finished the book and it’s officially one of my favorite Kinsella books.

Can You Keep A Secret? Has been my favorite of Kinsella’s up until now and I think Twenties Girl is a good contender for first place. It was just so different than her other books in the sense that it concentrated on a friendship rather than on a romantic relationship or the main character herself, as her other books are concentrated on. I started reading it today because I was in the mood for something light and funny (a chick-read) since I just recently finished a beautiful, but serious, book. Naturally, I went for a Sophie Kinsella book on my bookshelf and I’m so glad I picked this one! It was definitely $15 well spent :).

Anyway, I just wanted to quickly ramble about the book since I am so excited about how great it was and how entertaining, witty, and endearing it was. Sophie Kinsella has yet to fail me and I will never doubt her again. If anyone enjoys reading light and funny novels, Sophie Kinsella is definitely where it’s at :P.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment